Monday, October 03, 2005

I thought nuns were supposed to be sweet and unassuming...

Sister Antoinette was our Deputy last year, and as such she was the (frequently cursed) one who gave me the job of producing the school magazine (or yearbook) for the last 2 years. I loved Sr A - she switched between roars of anger and roars of laughter easily and had the best voice in emville - even when she was mad I couldn't stop smiling at the Mekeo singsong.

She left at the end of 2004 to go back to her home to teach, and we've really missed her this year - and when I saw her just before the holidays it was with a huge hug and a big smile - and lots of stories. And a request from me to her - I'm finally getting close to finishing this bloody magazine, and I needed a message from her to go in the front. She and Lindie had a bit of a laugh at me as I tried to epxlain what kind of a message I wanted (basically inferrring that I was doing a very good job of writing it myself as I spoke... OK, so maybe I was being just a little bit suggestive there...)

Today I got this letter from her, in response to my request:

Dear Larissa,
Greetings to you.

I did not forget your request, but I did forget what you wanted me to write. So, what do I write? Is it something like this…

Hooray!!! At last…
Well I am very glad to hear that it is finally out of Emville computers and the press. Those of us who have been there and left, have given up waiting and may rightly add that we have forgotten such a thing called “EMVILLE MAGAZINE”.
Congratulations to you, the Magazine Committee and to Ms Conolly.

Or is it:
It was good to have been part of EMVILLE COMMUNITY for the past eight years, and I enjoyed my time with you all. I miss you all VERY MUCH. Well, maybe
we’ll see you around the corner – ha ha!

Okay Larissa, which do you want?
Or if you are not satisfied, just write one and say, my words – you know, the disciple writes, or secretary writes - the master only signs ... something like that.

Hope you are well.
Bye and see you soon.

Love Sr AA

What a smart-arse!!!! I love it! That's my kinda nun.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well she knows how to manage you- agree she is something special!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home