Thursday, October 20, 2005

Lukim yu Grade 10

A day of tears, happy and sad, as Grade 10 finish their final exam. We had a celebration lunch for them with the parents, and then it was time for them to leave us and each other. The school will be so quiet and empty without these girls who've become my family here at Mville. For two years we've shared at least one lesson every day together - laughs as well as learning. I've had times when I wanted to kill them, and I'm sure there've been times they wished I was already back in Australia when their hands were aching with note-taking and essay-writing - but they've shared their lives with me, epecially this little bunch with their often daily journal writing - and they've been my life here in PNG - and I'm going to miss them so much. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home