Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Coconut and kaukau for dinner

Ow, I’ve got blisters on my hands from scraping coconut!

But at least I did a whole half myself! The little girls next door are teaching me - seems only fair after I taught them how to make gingerbread.

nbsp;Posted by Hello


Well, i didn't do all of these - but I'm getting there - no skin in the bowl this time, which is a marked improvement! (But Pia did report that one of the teachers walking by saw me scraping with the girls and commented on it to her. I assumed it would be along the lines of 'oh wow, she's trying something new and learning our customs!' - but no, it was apparently 'why is she sitting that funny way?' Seems like there's rules for how to sit on a coconut scraper that are similar to the rules for riding a horse - and i wasn't doing it the way ladies are supposed to. Oh well!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home