Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bikpela chief

I got this fantastic necklace at Ela Beach market on the weekend - it's a carved shell - quite big and very white. I love it, and wore it to school today, where Henry told me first that she liked it, and then that in her place it's only the chief's wife or daughter who wears it. So I suffered about an hour's worry wondering if I was being disrepectful wearing it - til I came home and asked Pia and she was very scathing and said of course I could wear it, it looked great, and they wouldn't sell it unless I could (or unless they were desperate for money!). So, doubts reassured, I figured I could do with being royalty for the afternoon, and Pia proceeded to call me Chief for the rest of the day - hence the Princess Pose on my bouncy ball, with Tommy and some of my bilum/basket collection in the background (Pia insisted on getting the woven mat in the picture too - though I don't really think the thongs add much class!) Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tru tumas, wanpela meri blo PNG stret.......

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Ms Bomana said...

tenk yu tru, poro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home