Friday, August 26, 2005

So long, Sailor

Well, another sad goodbye today, even if it's only for a few months. It's always hard to let people go but I had such a great week with my "small sister" here - I just loved having her around, and showing her off to everyone - and I think she had a pretty good week too (even though I'm sure she was missing Doug a lot more than she let on!)

Sam came down to school for her last round of classes with the girls, and had 3 classes of questions to get through before I'd let her finish up!

Then I took her to the airport to check in, and we had some goodbye drinks and chips up at Airways (and a last shop!) before having to head back down and say goodbye.

Always teary, but it won't be long now til it'll be me getting on that plane - and that won't just be a few tears, that will be WEEPING! It will be so hard to leave this place and all my girls and friends on staff.

But, to end this blog on a more cheerful note, I promised Henry today that since she braided Sam's hair and turned her into a rasta meri, I'd come down this afternoon with my straightening iron and turn her into a sleek Western girl for the night. She pretended not to be too excited in class, but she was there on the dot of 4 o'clock this arvo, and quite disappointed when I had to postpone it til night studies.

So I headed on down just after 6 - and she'd brushed out her hair til it was almost horizontal it was so boofy!!! I don't know how sleek it turned out, but certainly she did look different, and I've never seen her be so quiet and still as when I was straightening it! The girls got a kick out of watching, and I'm sure she'll be a celebrity in the dorms tonight! A bit of fun to cheer me up...

1 Comments:

At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sore, why na taim i sot???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home