Sunday, October 23, 2005

Partying with the Purples

Saturday morning I raced home to get my gear together to be ready for the big 10 Purple class party, supposed to be starting from 10am and going on til the next morning. I got a lift in with Katie's dad (and I had to keep him waiting because for once it was me running on PNG time, not the other way round!) and bit by bit almost the whole class and lots of their families dribbled in to Symone's house. There was a huge feast for lunch, with everyone bringing a plate or two - and once again I was blown away by PNG appetites. I went first, as guest of honour, and I piled my plate up with fried rice and noodles and chicken and sago, and by the time I got to the end of the tables I felt like I couldn't fit another thing on my plate. Roberta took one look at it and asked me why I wasn't getting much, and I should take everything I wanted now - there'd be no chance for seconds. She wasn't wrong. The table was absolutely wiped clean within minutes - plates stacked 3 storeys high with food -I don't know how they even begin to tackle them! Or where they put the food - how can these girls eat so much and still be so skinny? Posted by Picasa

Me with Cathy, my maus wara Engan girl who always makes me laugh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home