Saturday, December 10, 2005

Last Tour of Duty

Just came back from my very own private concert, with the girls having a talent quest in my honour for my last night of duty. Lots of singing and strumming in groups and by individuals, and a fairly impromptu play too – each of course with their special ‘dedix’ to Ms C – last night for them too and everyone obviously getting into the sentimental swing of things. Nice – especially when they sang their favourite songs all together at the end, asking for requests, and being disappointed when I knocked back the offer to perform myself! Did join them in the chorus of what is now officially my anthem song though – meri lewa (my darling). How they all know it’s my favourite I’m not too sure (though I bet the two Andrew’s girls feature highly in that piece of gossip) but they played it for me at the firehouse, and now tonight was the 50-voice-strong a capella version – including call outs and vocal guitar – love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home