Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bye Lea

There’s no escaping the round of goodbyes at the moment – it’s a never-ending parade of farewells, and this weekend brought a last night with Lea, and then an end-of-time-together party with my class – both of which were great events.

Lea sings with a choir group, so Heidi and I decided to invite ourselves along with Nev to hear them on Friday night, and then head back for final drinks at their place afterwards. The singing bit itself was quite lovely. It was my first time to go to the Anglican cathedral, and Lea was right when she said we’d enjoy the artwork – lots of storyboards depicting the stations of the cross, and a lovely (totally different!) mosaic up the front. The choir sang Gloria and a selection of other “sacred and secular” songs, my favourite being Early One Morning, which I remembered from Pollyanna – one of my sisters’ and my favs from when we were kids.

Then back for drinks and gossip and plans and teasing (of Heidi, as always). We’ll definitely catch up in WA sometime next year, the bunch of us – a funny mix of souls, but we’ve been good mates. It was hard leaving the next morning, but I know we’ll keep in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home