Monday, November 21, 2005

Bondei b'long mi

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's been a great day and a big thank you to everyone who sent me birthday emails -and sorry to my mum and dad (and anyone else) who tried to call this morning - gotta love Telikom's style, going out on such a special day! Hope you can get through tonight.

Woke up to Pia's cooked breakfast and flower-laden table, and not only a beautiful basket and some lovely shell jewellry, but also a BEAUTIFUL string of hand-carved mis shells - I've been looking longingly at these traditional shell money strings at every market, and she couldn't have picked a better gift - made me cry!

I didn't tell any of my Grade 11 girls here about it being my day - it's not a big deal here - but it was a morning full of grins anyway, after having most of them catch me on the dance floor Saturday night!

And speaking of that, I must be getting old - the multivitamins, panadol and copious amounts of water ensured that the Sunday morning hangover was minimal (and I'm sure the endorphins of an early morning meeting with someone special helped too!), but I'm definitely feeling the after-effects of all that dancing today - I'm all creaky knees and sore hips - going up and down those stairs to the IT Lab was hard work!

And to continue the celebrations, I'm about to head off to night study duty! Happy Birthday!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 am, Blogger Nomad said...

happy birthday for yesterday. you're not that old remember .. or at least I think so (then again .. remembering my own aches)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home