Thursday, November 17, 2005

Water at night

Just had my first night swim here in Moresby, at the Gateway Hotel, and it was heavenly. I can't believe I'm only 3 1/2 weeks from leaving, and I've only just been to this place. A beautiful blue pool, tables and chairs at a poolside cafe, and they don't charge you to swim! Four of us went there for dinner tonight, and not only did we have the pool almost to ourselves (at the start anyway), but we could order pizza from the room service menu (because the cafe was shut for the evening) and they brought drinks and dinner specially out to us. Alright! Think I'll be going back there a couple of times before I leave.

Lovely to swim under the storm clouds, although we didn't get the rain I was hoping for, with just enough light to see the frangipanis, and to hear the mangoes falling on the cafe roof. Lovely company, lovely night. Starting to empathise more and more with Meggie Cleary...

2 Comments:

At 5:52 pm, Blogger Naaaaath said...

was that the same place as the AVI dinner the other night near (sp?) Ella Beach??

Sounds lovely. That's my first stop/night next time I'm in Moresby!

 
At 8:47 pm, Blogger Ms Bomana said...

na, different place - though that pool looks pretty inviting too. maybe tomorrow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home