Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Exhausted

OK things are getting to the ridiculous stage now. I've had bouts of insomnia most of my life, but it's getting to the point where I'm lying in bed for hours before finally getting off to sleep, and then I'm waking up early in the morning, dreaming or thinking, and finding myself unable to clear my mind sufficiently to nod off again. I was even adding up the total scores of students' test papers in my sleep the other morning!!

Now I know I should be able to force my mind to switch off by meditating or counting sheep or repeating Hail Mary's over and over again like a mantra (or test out the girls' holy water to ward off evil spirits, as I've described in earlier entries), but I'm now officially sending out a plea to anyone out there who knows a naturopath or a chinese doctor or a chemist - hell, I'll even take a vet with tranquilizer darts at this stage! - to find me some sort of remedy before I lose my mind!

Pia has a Brother friend called Valerian, which I've heard is good for helping you to relax. I may have to take desperate measures with this poor soul if someone doesn't find me an alternative - and soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home