Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Back again

Just quickly:

It’s been a while since writing as I’ve had major computer disasters. My user profile was destroyed by the well-meaning but ultimately devastating attempts by our computer administrator to hook me up to our network, and I’ve spent the last week or so trying desperately to restore the settings and re-download my Norton security programs that I’d only just paid about a hundred bucks for and which were lost in the process. It’s been an unbelievably frustrating experience, and I’ve looked up more dialogue boxes and help indices and system functions that I ever thought I’d have need to. It’s been a learning experience, and I think I’ve finally solved the problems (though I’m downloading Norton for the 3rd time as I speak, so who knows?) but the biggest lesson I’ve learnt from all of this has been the one that should have been most blatantly obvious:

NEVER LET ANYONE TOUCH YOUR LAPTOP!!!!

Other than that, Gabrielle is still safe and well (although increasingly psycho) and is beginning to get used to spending her nights inside the bathroom. The mother cat drives me crazy as I go to bed, and early in the morning, but at least the little one is safe.

Unfortunately, the mother is looking suspiciously round-bellied again though… I had hoped that I was mistaken, but Mrs Pilon said she thought it was pregnant again too. Oh no!!

I looked up the gestation period in the Encyclopedia, hoping I had a few months up my sleeve. 60—65 days is all it takes – they can have up to 5 litters a year.

Crap!!!!

I really don’t’ want to spend the money on a trip to the vet for a cat that isn’t mine and maybe take off and leave within the month. But i don’t want another 5 kittens every couple of months either…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home