Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It was a dark and stormy night

Well I thought I was going to be going into town again tonight, with some jazz on the agenda, but sadly that plan seemed to fizzle. Instead, I’m sitting in a darkened house, alone, without outside drizzle.

Actually, it’s not as forlorn as it sounds. I’m totally exhausted from boarding duty – only 2 ½ days of it (I got off very lightly – don’t think I could have survived a full week of it) so I doubt I would have made very entertaining company tonight anyway.

I have the house to myself, which is a rare treat. As flatmates go, Pia and I really have done extremely well together - lots of laughs - but every now and then I crave solitude, so a night alone is actually a very peaceful prospect.

And it’s raining! This is the first real rain Bomana has had in months and it’s heavenly!

Even the blackout has its appeal: sitting outside in the quiet, a verandah dimly lit by candlelight, nothing to do except listen to the rain fall and enjoy its cool…

Could do a lot worse than this kind of Bomana night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home